Teaser Tuesday - 1
I've done some Teaser Tuesdays before, but I've dramatically changed my manuscript since. So. Here I am, with a Teaser Tuesday. This is the end of my first chapter. It's the first time Gabe has met the devil, and after their not so nice introduction, she (the bleach blonde devil) stops by Gabe's house. While this is going on, his body is literally disintegrating before his eyes. A mysterious voice is warning him, and the devil is trying to take the only two people Gabe loves.


She aimed the gun for my parents’ legs first. Simultaneously the two hit the floor, knee first. Blood splattered across the stainless steel refrigerator. My jaw quivered as I felt the bitch’s eyes on me. The screams were blurred out. The whisper came once more to me.

Let me take you, before you have to see," the Asian said.

“I – I can’t leave them!” I yelled aloud. My muscles were finally able to move under my command. Before my first step hit the floor, the gun’s shot rang in my head. Fear halted my entire body, I knew what that last bullet meant as my mother’s deafening scream was suddenly silenced. I saw the perfectly round bullet hole in the middle of her forehead before her limp body crashed into the floor.

My father began to mumble uncontrollably. I couldn’t make out if he was mourning or praying, but what I could make out was the feel of cold metal as my hand pushed the gun out of the way. The bullet sounded, but before I could look to see if I was the least bit successful, the blonde woman hit me in the nose with the hilt of the gun. I ignored the blood. I ignored the pain. My eyes simply fell heavy on my father.

The bullet had been shoved off of its path. What would have been a quick clean death, like my mother’s, turned into a painfully gruesome death. I had pushed the gun out of the way, only to make things worse.

The hole was to the left side of his throat. The sounds of gargling blood churned my stomach. I watched my father die – helplessly. “Let me take you,” the whispering woman said once more.

“Anything you want,” I whispered back. The cold metal forced my fingers to flinch while a tear trailed down my cheek.

“You can either make him suffer and try to save the dead man, or you can make his death quick and painless,” the blonde said coldly as she handed me her gun. “There’s only one bullet left.”

Acid began to burn my flesh. Shit. I looked down at the flaking skin. Not now. Don’t take me yet. I focused back onto my objective. My father withered in pain. He had lost too much blood. He would die one way or the other. I closed my eyes for just a second. I turned the gun from his body to hers. I would rather take revenge than attempt to stop fate.

6 Responses
  1. This is so interesting! I want to know more of what's going on. Awesome snip!


  2. Damn! This is intense!!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Wow!! This is some pretty intense stuff right here! I'm definitely hooked - give us more! :D


  4. Ellen Says:

    Wow, so intense. Definitely respecting the MC already, and I want to read more and find out what the whispering is!

    P.S. - I was really confused for a second when I opened your blog, because we have the same template :) hehe


  5. Unknown Says:

    nice tease...very tense and intriguing :)


  6. Damn. This was INTENSE! I liked it a lot. Brutal, which I love. The devil sounds like she knows how to do her job. Great teaser!


  • Followers